Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Busy day

So yesterday was Adam's day off. So I made a large list of things I wanted to get done and we did them...I think Adam was glad to go back to work today! He actually started to complain about having to work on his day off, and I just asked him when my day off was going to come! Guys are such wimps, when does a stay at home mom ever get a day off??? When do we get to not fix breakfast, lunch, and dinner, clean/pickup a million toys, take care of our kids, plus the dishes, and the other house work??? So we moved all the furniture and vacuumed and mopped everywhere, rearranged the TV/DVD/surround Sound wires. Cleaned the bathroom on our hands and knees, scrubbed the walls, made whole wheat bread, and wheat muffins. Then we took down the suspended ceiling in the nursery. It looks like we might have to remove the wall paper from the nursery walls as well as the ceiling, which will really suck because the wall paper has been painted over. But we have at least 13 weeks to get it done which should be plenty of time. Saturday we are going to take the paper off the ceiling and maybe the walls, I'm very excited! These are just a few pictures of Teagan I thought were cute. The first few are of her Sunday nap, then the rest are her cute hair!



8 comments:

Heather said...

Mary Jo I know EXACTLY how you feel about not getting a day off. I think men should have to be home for a few days ALONE with the kids to see how things go. Logan will sometimes ask me what I did that day - It's always those days where Brennan was fussy (I'm sure that's why he asks because everything is a wreck). When I leave for a few hours and come back and ask Logan why he didn't get something done (i.e. something he said he was going to try and do) he tells me how hard it was to do with Brennan. I just laugh because that's what Mom's deal with everyday! but we manage. Sorry for the rant! Can you tell it's been a long week already?

I'm so glad you got your list of things done! That always feels so good. Good luck with painting and the wall paper ordeal. 13 weeks!!! :)

Unknown said...

Mary Jo I Love Teagan's hair. And though I may not be a stay at home mom, I now what you mean by wanting to get things done on your day off. Sometimes I feel like I would be better off married to someone that will at least take the trash out than living with my roommate. It's like everything shuts off when it's her day off and nothing gets done. But then again nothing gets done when she works either so it just leads to me doing EVERYTHING. Way to work Adam!!! Alas. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Teagan's hair is freaking adorable! I'm so impressed she would sit still for you to do that. Very impressive. And that picture of her winking is so cute and hilarious. What a gal!

Becca said...

What a cute stinker you have....

I know what you mean...I feel like the days off are few and far between however, lately, my weekends have been bliss...I refuse to do much of anything...!

You are getting so close!! ARen't you super excited to get him here? Any names yet? If so, I haven't heard!! Do tell!

A&AWilcox said...

love the hair sooo cute.

julie said...

Amen to the "Day off" comment...I have been married 22 years and I am still hanging around waiting for my day off. I would love that day to come that I could just sleep in and have someone else get up and wake the kids up, cook breakfast and call down to me when it was hot and ready for me to eat....I just don't think its ever going to happen, we will never get a day off.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I agree about the days off! I love love love Teagan's hair! I am completley jealous of how adorable it is and how much fun to do a girls' hair it would be! Hope you're feeling well!

Cari said...

Hey lady, I can't remember if I left you a comment before or not, but I need to get a hold of you! Lacee's little 4 yr old son is going thru the same lump/infection deal in his neck. He's had surgery once, but now it's back and growing fast. We are gonna end up takin him to primary's but was wondering if you went to an ENT there? Just wanted to talk to you about it all...my email is caribear19@hotmail.com let me know how to get a hold of you! Thanks girl!