Thursday, March 19, 2009

Poor Little Teagan!!!





So I took Teagan to Primary Children's again to get the new swollen lymph nodes checked and her doctor put her on Augmenten, just to see if she had another infection that was causing her lymph nodes to swell...that was ten days ago. This morning when Teagan woke up she was covered with a red rash! From her hair to the soles of her feet. I called her Doctor (who is wonderful) and he said it could be two things, an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin in the augmenten, or she has edb infection. So we've taken her off the antibiotic and are waiting til Monday to see what happens!

11 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Poor girl! What are the odds!? I hope they figure it out. That rash looks horrible. We'll keep her in our prayers.

Becca said...

What on earth?! I have never seen such a rash!! What is EDB? Please let me know what is up!

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Those pictures make me itch! She is so cute and getting so grown up! I hope everything turns out okay. Like Aimee we'll keep her in our prayers.

Nick and Paige said...

Oh Mary Jo - The poor thing! Keep us posted - You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Hannah said...

Poor Teagan!! Don't you just wish they would figure it out

Heather said...

Oh I'm sorry! Hope she gets better. She's been through a lot.

Heather's husband: Not fun! I've seen this a few times, about 5-10% of kids on amox get it. Sometimes a fever too.

Mandy said...

That poor girl. She has been through so much. Hopefully it is just an allergic reaction. Good luck.

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

That is so sad. She has already been through so much hasn't she? That looks exactly like a rash Brianna got on her body when she was one- she was allergic to ammoxicilin.

Stevenson Stories said...

Poor thing. That breaks my heart!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

oh my goodness! That poor girl...she need's a break!